Job Openings at National Bank of Kenya
Senior Relationship Manager – Islamic Banking at National Bank of Kenya
Job Ref No. HR/016/2022
The role holder will be responsible for business growth within Islamic Banking segment through acquisition of new business and portfolio growth.
He/she will also be required to implement the Islamic Banking Business Development initiatives within the assigned branch/region, influence business by determining innovative solutions, leverage best practice and assimilate with proven practices to ensure exceptional relationship management and customer experience.
- Implement the Islamic Banking business development initiatives in line with the Islamic Banking strategy and business growth plan.
- Develop and maintain a strong client and transaction pipeline and convert these to businesses that achieve customer satisfaction and the department’s objectives.
- Actively market and drive the uptake of the Islamic banking services and products to new and existing clients. Identify opportunities for cross-selling of relevant products and services.
- Identify opportunities for growth and new business acquisition through market research, analysis and networking.
- Ensure day-to-day client relationship management and engagement with customers to foster good and lasting business partnerships for the customer and the Bank.
- Promote excellent customer experience by driving and advocating customer requirements through the various functions in the Bank to deliver high service standards that delight the customers.
- Ensure compliance with Islamic Banking Shari’ah standards while adhering of the Bank’s policies and other relevant regulations and standards.
- Partner with Regional Management, Branch Management teams and Support Functions to increase the market share of Islamic Banking segment though sustainable business.
- Drive transactional income from Islamic Banking business through effective service and cross selling the Bank’s products and services.
- Provide feedback to Management on Islamic Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to products, credit risk evaluation and customer feedback among others.
- In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio management by effective identification of risks and mitigations.
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews and make recommendation for new and existing facilities in line with the Bank’s credit policy and Shariah Compliance guidelines.
- Regularly monitor performing/non performing accounts within the assigned portfolio.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) year’s banking experience in a similar role from a reputable organization.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking.
- Strong persuasion, management, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management and organisational skills.
- Creative approach, with the ability to anticipate challenges and develop innovative solutions.
- Governance – knowledge and ability to ensure good governance practices.
- Credit analysis skills and ability to develop credit reports.
- Relationship management skills.
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Monday, 3rd October 2022.