TSC Has Announced The Recruitment Of An Additional 5000 Teachers.
Recruitment Of Additional 5000 Teachers Announced By TSC. An independent verification organization called Hoffman Solutions has been tasked by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) with carrying out a verification exercise.
The purpose of this activity is to verify that the commission would hire an extra 5,000 primary school teachers and deploy them in July 2022.
On behalf of the CEO, Director Quality Assurance and Standards Dr. Mugwuku Nthamburi signed a letter dated October 15, 2023.
It was discovered that the work being done by this agency has been communicated to county and regional directors.
Between October 17 and October 31, 2023, online or phone surveys and feedback from key informants will be used in the verification process.
TSC is taking this step because it understands that all Disbursed Linked Indicator number three (DLI3).Recruitment Of Additional 5000 Teachers Announced By TSC
Their matching results and achievements each year by an Independent Verification Organization.
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) periodically issues rules that are followed while hiring new teachers.
The TSC posts job openings, and interested parties need to send their application materials to the County/Institutions where they want to be given a chance to be hired.
Requirements for Employment
To be employed by the TSC, candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a Kenyan citizen.
2. Must be 45 years of age or younger.
3. Must be registered as a teacher as specified in Section 23 of the Teachers Service Commission Act 2012.
For those registered but without Certificates of Registration, they must attach a copy of the online printout of their TSC Number and the original bank pay-in slip for teacher registration.
Candidates must also provide original Professional and Academic Certificates, which may include:
– CPE/KCPE Certificate
– KCE/KCSE Certificate
– PTE Certificate
– Diploma Certificate
– Degree Certificate
– School Leaving Certificate
Candidates without academic and professional certificates must provide evidence of having applied for confirmation from KNEC within 14 days.
Qualifications for Recruitment by TSC**
Applicants must have:
– A minimum mean-grade of C+ (plus) at KCSE and C+ (plus) in each of the two teaching subjects, or a minimum of two (2) principles and one (1) subsidiary pass at ‘A’ Level.
In addition, they must have one of the following:
– A Bachelor of Education Degree with two (2) teaching subjects.
– A Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) with two teaching subjects.
– Bachelor of Science with Education and Bachelor of Arts with Education with two teaching subjects.
Applicants must have:
– A mean grade of C+ (plus) at KCSE or its equivalent and at least C+ (or Credit Pass) in the two teaching subjects, or a minimum of one (1) principle and two (2) subsidiaries at ‘A’ level.
In addition, they must have:
– A Diploma in Education from a recognized Teacher Training Institution.
Diploma Teachers who graduated in 2008 or earlier with a mean grade of C (plain) and C (plain) in the two teaching subjects qualify for consideration.
Minimum grade C Plain in KCSE and above.
PTE Certificate from KNEC.
Mean grade of C-(minus) for visually and hearing impaired persons.
– Candidates without certificates for subjects not in the Kenyan Curriculum do not qualify for employment, regardless of having a Post Graduate Diploma in education and enhancement.
– Certain subject qualifications can apply for specific teaching roles, such as
Economics/Accounting, Social Education, and Ethics for business studies and CRE/IRE for related vacancies.
– All applicants must have studied the two teaching subjects at KCSE except for agriculture, business studies, Home Science, and computer.
Recruitment for Teachers Above 45 Years
Teachers who are above 45 years can apply to be recruited on contractual terms. They will be recruited on a 3-year renewable contract subject to performance and cannot serve beyond the age of 65 years.
Applicants for Primary schools should hold a P1 certificate, while applicants for Secondary Schools must have a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate.
Interested candidates should apply to the relevant authorities in the County or school where a vacancy has been advertised.
Direct applications to the TSC will not be considered.
For more details on available vacancies, applicants are advised to visit the TSC website (http://www.tsc.go.ke/)or the TSC office in their County or Sub-county of choice.
QUICK ACCESS LINKS;