KPA Releases Opportunities for New Graduates to Intern in 2024.
The Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) has called on fresh university graduates to apply for its annual internship programme.
In a notice published on November 7, 2023, KPA offered unemployed graduates 150 internship vacancies lasting for a period of 12 months effective January 2024 .
The internship was open to students who have degree, diploma or certificate qualification from 22 fields of study.
The areas of study sought for this year’s application include:
- Container Terminal Operations: 10 Positions
- Container Terminal Engineering: 11 Positions
- Information Communication and Technology, Innovation, and Business Process Re-engineering: 6 Positions
- Port Electrical Engineering: 7 Positions
- Civil Engineering: 7 Positions
- Marine Engineering: 12 Positions
- Safety, Health, and Environment: 4 Positions
- Supply Chain Management / Contract Management: 5 Positions
- Human Resources: 5 Positions
- Project Development: 5 Positions
- Commercial and Insurance Services: 1 Position
- Corporate Communication: 2 Positions
- Corporate Research, Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation: 2 Positions
- Marketing Cruise & Customer Experience: 3 Positions
- Administration: 13 Positions
- Ferry Operations: 9 Positions
- Ferry Maintenance: 9 Positions
- Security Services: 4 Positions
- Conventional Cargo Engineering: 12 Positions
- Conventional Cargo Operations: 14 Positions
- Litigation & Disputes: 3 Positions
- Financial/Management Accounting: 6 Positions
The authority underlined that only applicants below the age of 35 will be considered for the position.
To qualify, an applicant must be an unemployed graduate from a recognized training institution who has completed a relevant diploma/degree/ certificate course
“Not have benefited from a similar internship program or been exposed to work experience related to their courses since graduating. Not have exited from formal employment,” read the notice in part.
The Kenya Ports Authority operates in various locations, including Mombasa, Lamu, Malindi, Kilifi, Mewapa, Kiunga, Shimoni, Funzi, Vanga, and the Inland Waterway Port of Kisumu.
The authority also manages inland container depots situated in Nairobi, Naivasha, and Kisumu.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates are required to complete the application process online through a provided link.
Interested individuals should visit the Kenya Ports Authority career portal where they will submit the duly filled Internship Program Application Form, along with copies of their academic certificates and transcripts.
Upon review of the applications, the authority will shortlist and reach out to successful applicants.
“Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted” read the notice in part.
“Applicants should submit their documents on or before November 27, 2023,” KPA added.
QUICK ACCESS LINKS;