Post-Primary PnP Teacher Recruitment: TSC, BOM Check List
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has released the Board of Management (BOM) and TSC checklist to help improve the secondary school teacher recruiting process.
During interviews, applicants must provide verification of their qualifications, including academic and professional certificates, to ensure they satisfy the required educational standards.
Following the initial application assessment, successful candidates are requested to submit particular papers for verification to the Selection Panel Secretary, as these documents are critical for confirming qualifications and preparing candidates for their teaching duties.
The following documents are required:
1. National Identity Card: To confirm the applicant’s identity.
2. NCPWD Card (if applicable): To verify disability status.
3. Two passport-size color photographs: Needed for official records.
4. Certificates and Testimonials: Including KCPE, KCSE, ‘A’ Level, Diplomas, Degrees, and other relevant qualifications.
5. Letter of Certification of Results by KNEC (if applicable): Official academic results certification from the Kenya National Examinations Council.
6. Official Academic Transcripts: Providing a detailed academic performance record.
7. Certificate of Registration as a Teacher (TSC Certificate): Proof of registration as a qualified teacher.
8. KRA PIN Certificate: Ensuring compliance with tax regulations.
9. Bank Plate/Card (front face): Facilitating salary payments.
10. Duly Filled Pay Point Particulars’ Form: Ensuring accurate salary disbursement.
11. NHIF Card: Granting access to healthcare benefits.
12. Primary and Secondary School Leaving Certificates and Other Testimonials: Documenting educational history.
13. Original Medical Examination Report in Form GP 69: Confirming the applicant’s medical fitness for the teaching role.
14. Acknowledgment of Receipt of Recruitment Documents: Confirming receipt of essential recruitment documents.
Furthermore, the Secretary of the Selection Panel is crucial in ensuring that these documents are submitted to the TSC Sub-County Director in an open and accountable manner. This thorough procedure is intended to ensure impartiality in teacher recruitment.
Minutes of the Selection Panel, a completed Selection Score Guide, and certified copies of other relevant documents are among the documentation and reports requested from the Selection Panel Secretary for each successful candidate.