SBM Bank has several job openings.
The Job Holder is responsible for extraction, processing and maintenance of credit data for use in reporting, credit models development and validation to support all necessary Statutory and Management reporting.
- Compilation, preparation and submission of accurate & timely daily, weekly monthlyand quarterly Statutory reports to the Regulator (CBK) relating to Credit.
- Designing, developing, implementing and supporting Credit Risk MIS data infrastructure to support Credit Risk Management within the bank.
- Work closely with a team of Quantitative Analysts from the Finance Department to support their analytical reporting and modelling; assisting in data retrieval, manipulation and presentation.
- Ensuring Closure of all audit issues raised by CBK, Internal and external auditors.
- Supporting the delivery of portfolio performance and risk reporting to external Compliance and regulatory bodies.
- Preparing analysis of portfolio delinquency, loss trends for Monthly Risk Reviews and Portfolio at Risk reports in respect to the credit department.
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc financial, MIS analysis and productivity reports.
- Responding to queries and questionnaires raised by CBK and CRBs.
- Responding to queries raised by Head office departments and performance management teams.
- Assist in preparation of Local Business reports and propose value-adding propositions to enhance book Performance.
- Alert Management of any breach on any set ratios and statutory limits.
- Maintain an updated folder in the Bank Server of the monthly returns submissions.
- Assist on any other tasks that may be delegated by the Bank’s management/ the Head of Credit Administration from time to time.
Key Customers to this Position
- SBM Group.
- All Bank Departments.
- Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, IT, Applied Statistics, Mathematics or a related field from a recognized university is a requirement.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline shall be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2years’ experience in Credit Modelling, data mining and reporting within the credit risk section of a medium to large sized bank.
- Knowledge of Basel II and III requirements on capital adequacy and general risk management practices within a commercial banking environment.
- A good appreciation and interpretation of banks’ balance sheets.
- Proven experience in and knowledge of Central Bank of Kenya Prudential Guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Experience in the design, development and management of large datasets.
- Good knowledge of key bank performance ratios.
- Report writing skills and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Competencies Required for this Role
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.
- Applying Expertise and Technology.
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Following Instructions and Procedures.
- Relating and Networking.
- Working with People.
- Analytical and methodical.
- Decision making.