TSC Releases Certificates of Digital Teacher Registration.
Digital teacher registration certificates will be made available by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) on November 1, 2023, which would significantly change how teachers obtain their certification.
Successful applicants for teacher registration under this new program will receive digital certificates with their individual TSC numbers on them.
Teachers will no longer receive physical certificates; instead, digital certificates will be sent to each educator’s email address.
Teachers will find it easier to access and manage their registration certificates as a result of this shift, which is in line with the global trend of digitization and the elimination of paper-based documentation.
It will be necessary for teachers to download and print the digital version so they have easy access to documentation of their registration status.
This move has been enthusiastically embraced by the teaching community since it streamlines the procedure and reduces the possibility of misplacing or breaking physical certificates in a world where digital solutions are becoming more and more prevalent.
Experts and educators see this TSC initiative as a progressive and forward-thinking step in an era of increasing digitization.
The digitization of registration certificates would surely improve education by giving instructors convenient access to their necessary records, expediting administrative processes, and eventually helping educators and learners across Kenya.
Before any trained teacher can work as a teacher at a public or private school, the commission is required by Article 237 of the Teacher Service Commission Act of 2012 to register them.
The TSC online registration process is typically conducted through their online platform, and upon successful registration, teachers receive a registration certificate containing their TSC number. Follow these steps to complete the online TSC certificate registration:
- Visit the TSC service portal.
- Click on the “registration/activate the account” tab.
- You will be directed to a new page where you need to fill out the registration form. This involves entering your personal and employment details, which may include your TSC number, full name as stated on your National ID, ID number, KRA Tax PIN, date of birth, and other relevant information.
- Create a new password for your account and confirm it. This password will be used for logging into the system.
- Attach scanned copies of the required original documents where applicable.
QUICK ACCESS LINKS;