After Salary Review, TSC Annual Leave Allowances for Teachers
Teachers are normally entitled to 42 days of annual leave allowance from the Teachers Service Commission (TSC), with cash given at the end of the year.
These leaves frequently correspond with school vacation periods, and even if teachers do not use their yearly leave, they are still regarded to be on active duty.
Teachers’ TSC Annual Leave Allowance varies according to their grade and TSC scale, as shown below:
The amount of Annual Leave Allowance a teacher earns at the end of the school year is determined by their job group and TSC scale.
Several crucial points to remember are:
– Grade B5 teachers (TSC Scale 5): 4,000
– Grade C1 teachers (TSC Scale 6): 4,000
– Grade C2 teachers (TSC Scale 7): 6,000
– Grade C3 teachers (TSC Scale 8): 6,000
– Grade C4 teachers (TSC Scale 9): 6,000
– Grade C5 teachers (TSC Scale 10): 6,000
– Grade D1 teachers (TSC Scale 11): 10,000
– Grade D2 teachers (TSC Scale 12): 10,000
– Grade D3 teachers (TSC Scale 13): 10,000
– Grade D4 teachers (TSC Scale 14): 10,000
– Grade D5 teachers (TSC Scale 15): 10,000
– College Section heads are responsible for keeping leave registers in order to manage personnel who go on leave. The leave period and requested days should be recorded in these registers.
– Teachers wanting to take leave must complete a leave form in duplicate and submit it to the Secret Registry at least one month before their leave begins.
– The leave allowance is paid out once every twelve months. Any annual vacation days taken in excess of half of the entitlement days (more than 15 days for a 30-day entitlement) would be lost.
– Teachers on Maternity Leave will keep their Annual Leave days for that year.
– Employees who do not return to work following a hospital visit or who do not report to work due to illness must provide a medical certificate within 24 hours. Failure to do so will result in the day being marked as absent, resulting in a salary deduction.
– Teachers on study leave are not eligible for Annual Leave while on leave.