How to Become a Teacher in Kenya and Obtain a TSC Number
Before you begin, ensure you meet these criteria:
– Academic Qualifications: You must have at least a P1 Certificate from a recognized Teacher Training College (TTC) or a bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited university.
– Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE): You need a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus) and C+ (Plus) in English and Mathematics.
– Professional Ethics: Demonstrating high moral character and professionalism is essential.
Prepare Your Documents
Gather the required documents, including your academic certificates, National Identity Card (ID) or passport copy, Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), KRA PIN Certificate, and proof of payment for TSC registration.
1. Visit the official TSC website: [www.tsc.go.ke](https://www.tsc.go.ke).
2. Click on the “Online Services” tab.
3. Select “Teachers Online Services.”
4. Click on the “Register” button for new applicants.
5. Fill in your personal details, academic qualifications, employment history (if applicable), and contact information.
6. Upload scanned copies of your documents.
7. Review the information and click “Submit.” You’ll receive a unique registration certificate number and should print the acknowledgment form for reference.
Payment of Registration Fees
Visit a National Bank branch to pay the TSC registration fee, providing your Registration Certificate Number for processing.
Verification and Approval
The TSC will verify your application and documents, which may take some time. You can track your application’s status on the TSC website.
Upon approval, you’ll receive an SMS notification to complete biometric enrollment at the nearest TSC county office.
Issuance of TSC Number
After successful biometric enrollment, you will be issued your TSC number, a vital identifier for teachers in Kenya.
In conclusion, registering as a teacher in Kenya and obtaining a TSC number is a crucial step in pursuing a teaching career. It validates your credentials and professionalism, ensuring recognition by the Teachers Service Commission. Follow these steps to embark on your journey towards becoming a certified teacher in Kenya, opening doors to impactful opportunities in the education sector.