Openings at Garissa University College.
About Garissa University College
Senior ICT Planning and Development officer (Readvertisement) at Garissa University College
Senior ICT Planning and Development officer duties at this level will entail:
- Shall be the head of the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology and will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for all ICT matters of the university.
- Establishment and enforcement of standards and ICT policy guidelines for the Garissa University-wide applications, databases and communication network;
- Operational responsibility for central processing and data communication systems; coordination of university-wide information system planning, utilization, and performance evaluation;
- Maintaining the organizational and human resource infrastructure for technical services and assistance to all organizational units;
- Planning and control of ICT services provided to external parties;
- Interpreting, planning and directing the implementation of ICT policies in the University; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the University Management.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT: –
For appointment to this grade, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Masters degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution with six (6) years working experience in a relevant field, three of which in a senior managerial position.
- Should have MCSE or CCNA certification
- Should show Demonstratable cyber security skills.
- Should have Experience and knowledge of ERP system, specifically Microsoft Navision Dynamics and Student Management information systems (SMIS).
- Should have Demonstratable knowledge in at least two Content Management Systems (e.g., Drupal, Word Press, Joomla)
- Should show Knowledge in Computerized graphic design and creation using web authoring tools will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested and qualified applicants should download the application form for employment from the university website www.gau.ac.ke and complete all sections of the form.
- Applicants must attach the following documents to the application form: –
- Academic and professional certificates
- A copy of the national ID card
- Any other relevant testimonials
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
PO BOX 1801-70100
Or can be emailed to:
Applications should be received at the office of the Vice Chancellor not later than Wednesday, 15th November 2023 at 5.00pm. Incomplete and late applications will NOT be accepted.
- It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The University shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
- Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Qualifications obtained from foreign universities should be authenticated by the relevant bodies
- Garissa University does not levy any fees for job application