Career Opportunities at Janta Kenya
Career Opportunities at Janta Kenya
Human Resource Manager at Janta Kenya
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development, preferably augmented with an MBA.
- Skills: Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, talent acquisition programs, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Commitment to company core values of persistence, industry and continuous improvement with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to customers, employees, management, and/or partners in everyday performance and interactions.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively implementing change management strategies.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations, preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.
- MUST have in Technology Industry
Duties & Responsibilities
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Oversee implementation of Human Resources programs. Identify opportunities for improvement and resolve problems.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction. Ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, training, quarterly and annual staff parties, teamwork events, wellness programs, company philanthropic giving, and benefits administration.
- Select and supervise Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance providers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conduct a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Lead the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provide leadership for Human Resources strategic planning.
- Establish HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Develop and administer programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company including the implementation and use of key performance indices and performance reviews.
- Participate in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- With the executive management, plan the company’s philanthropic and charitable giving.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the company website, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and the employee Intranet, wikis, newsletters, and so forth.
Training and Development
- Coordinate all Human Resources training programs, and assigns the authority / responsibility of Human Resources and managers within those programs.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assist with the development of and the monitoring of the spending of the corporate training budget. Maintain employee training records.
- Provide talent acquisition / recruiting services.
- In partnership with Senior Leadership, be responsible for both evaluating the overall talent acquisition needs of the organization and building a strategic approach to meet these needs by identifying superior talent to join Turnkey.
- Provide thought partnership / leadership regarding innovative and best practices within the talent acquisition industry.
Chair any employee selection committees or meetings.
- Formulate and recommend Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conduct periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitor and advise managers and supervisors about the discipline system of the company and re Review employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Review, guide and approve management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Lead the implementation of company safety and health programs.